This policy outlines some of the key measures Next Steps Children’s Therapy Ltd have taken to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note the content may be subject to change
Each assessment/session will be paid for in advance. Next Steps Children’s Therapy Ltd operates a cancellation policy – less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a full session charge. If you are unable to attend a session, we expect a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. If this is given, your assessment/session will be rebooked free of charge.
In the event of your having to cancel a session due to COVID-19 symptoms, an appointment for testing or a request to isolate, we understand that it may not be possible to adhere to the notice period. In these circumstances, we will hold your payment until such time as your appointment can be safely rearranged.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, we will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and our professional associations, The Royal College of Occupational Therapy and The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
We have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus:
- think about who could be at risk:
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed:
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing clients, we will be:
- monitoring our own health and deferring treatments if we have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19: are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding: anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19: they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days: they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
- asking clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
We have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures in between clients, which include washing and disinfecting all therapy equipment. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising. PPE will be worn by therapists, masks, gloves and aprons.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for us to adapt or restrict certain treatments, to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect our clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, we will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
For more information…
We are happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact us uding the contact form, by telephone or email full details on the contact us page.
Names: Gemma Stilliard and Jane Swann